Original Air Date: March 4, 2017
Breakfast in bed… But seriously, get your ass up. We got work to do. Before you reach for that granola bar or breakfast cereal, get in the kitchen and make a wise decision with this delicious, easy to make energy bowl. An excellent breakfast option that will leave your appetite satisfied for hours! This is a well-balanced meal that is perfect for starting out the day, and will provide clean fuel for your workout/daily activities. For more recipes, join Wise Choice Nation over at Wise-Eats.com!
You can mix and match ingredients, add anything you like as long as it’s real food! If you’re a body builder, add a scoop of grass fed protein powder.
- 1/3 Cup of Organic Oat Bran (40g)
- Can also use steel cut oats, buckwheat, or rolled oats
- 1/2 Cups Blueberries (83g)
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries (88g)
- Substitute any of your favorite fruit! We use goji, mulberry, cranberries, apples, banana, whatever we’re feeling!
- 1/4 Cup Raisins (40g)
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seed (20g)
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seed (24g)
- We also used flax seed or crushed nuts like almonds or walnuts
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter, Almond Butter, or Sunflower Seed Butter (16g)
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Reduce heat, mix in oats
- As water level decreases, add chia, hemp, and flax seeds (These will expand and thicken the mixture)
- Add in dried, fresh and/or frozen fruits If mix becomes too dry, add almond milk or coconut milk
- Pour into bowl and serve with a scoop of your favorite nut butter
- Recipe serves 1-2 but make a larger batch and store for future meals or to share with friends/family!
Nutrition Facts – 1 Bowl (522g)
- Calories 697
- Fat 28g
- Protein 23.9g
- Carbs 90g
For more delicious, healthy recipes, go to Wise-Eats.com/Recipes