Original Air Date: March 4, 2017
Breakfast in bed… But seriously, get your ass up. We got work to do. Before you reach for that granola bar or breakfast cereal, get in the kitchen and make a wise decision with this delicious, easy to make energy bowl. An excellent breakfast option that will leave your appetite satisfied for hours! This is a well-balanced meal that is perfect for starting out the day, and will provide clean fuel for your workout/daily activities. For more recipes, join Wise Choice Nation over at Wise-Eats.com!
You can mix and match ingredients, add anything you like as long as it’s real food! If you’re a body builder, add a scoop of grass fed protein powder.
1 Cup of Organic Oat Bran, Buckwheat, or Steel Cut Oats
2 Cups Blueberries
1 Cup Strawberries
½ Cup Raisins
1 Sliced Banana
Optional: Goji Berries, Dried Cranberries, Apples (Change it up every time for variety!)
1 Serving Hemp Seed
1 Serving Chia Seed
1 Serving of Flax Seeds (Whole or Ground)
1 Pinch Cinnamon Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter, Almond Butter, or Sunflower Seed Butter
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Reduce heat, mix in oats
- As water level decreases, add chia, hemp, and flax seeds (These will expand and thicken the mixture)
- Add in dried, fresh and/or frozen fruits If mix becomes too dry, add almond milk or coconut milk
- Pour into bowl and serve with a scoop of your favorite nut butter
- Make a larger batch and store for future meals or to share with friends/family!