You might not know that you can use Kodiak’s delicious pancake mix to make pizza crust! It’s so super simple, and although we don’t use Kodiak anymore personally, it’s still a much healthier alternative to ordering pizza out, so here’s our recipe!
- 1.5 Cups Kodiak Pancake Mix (159g)
- 1/3 Cup Warm Water (2.7oz / 76g)
- Organic Pizza or Marinara Sauce (125g) (We love Rao’s from Costco)
- Olive Oil for the Pan & Crusts (27g)
- 1 Cup Organic Mozzarella and/or Provolone Cheese (126g)
- Sausage, Chicken Sausage, or Other Meat Topping (83g)
Nutrition Facts (Recipe Makes 4 Servings)
1 Pizza (130g)
- Calories 364
- Fat 20.3g
- Protein 19g
- Carbs 26g
Why We Don’t Use Kodiak Pancake Mix Anymore
We used to be a big fans of Kodiak Cakes pancake mix, but eventually ditched it because although they use 100% whole grain wheat as the base, it is not organic and also contains GMO dairy. Conventional wheat may contain high amounts of glyphosate from farming, which is toxic to the body. Any time we consume grains, we buy organic. Nowadays, we make our own homemade pancake mix.
But, this is still a big step up nutrition-wise from takeout pizza, so if you’re looking to level up, Kodiak Mini Pizzas may be right for you!