Slam the competition into submission with this delicious brownie recipe that’s made with real food. Finally! A brownie that’s not only delicious, but good for you. Made from real, whole ingredients and no refined sugars.
Wise Eats Body Slam Sweet Potato Brownies – Recipe Video
Original Air Date: 9-11-18
Sweet potatoes form the base of this recipe because they’re a true superfood that help with weight loss, blood sugar stabilization, immunization, brain function, and vision health.
This amazing recipe was inspired by Michael Morelli’s original sweet potato brownie recipe.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (200g)
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 tbsp raw, local honey (50g)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (50g)
- 1 tsp vanilla (4.2g)
- ½ cup coconut flour (56g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (35g)
- ½ cup cacao nibs (50g)
- ¼ tsp baking powder (1.5g)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Stevia, monkfruit, or erythritol sweetener to taste
Note: You can use almond flour instead of coconut flour.
To mash the sweet potato:
- Peel and cook one whole potato, lightly poked all over with a fork, in the oven at 400 degrees for 50-60 mins, or
- Peel and cut one sweet potato into chunks and place into a pot of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes get soft.
To make the brownies:
Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 9×9 inch pan (I used coconut oil). Mix together the sweet potato, eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add flour, cacao powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cacao nibs. Mix gently until combined. Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Brownies are done when you can insert a knife and it comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts (8 servings per batch)
- Serving size: 1 Brownie – 75g
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 16.3g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
Don’t forget to like and subscribe!
For more recipes, go to Wise-Eats.com/recipes
For a complete list of Wise Eats approved ingredients, visit Wise-Eats.com/ApprovedFoods
To join my FREE newsletter, go to WiseChoiceNation.com