(As seen in Season 6, Episode 1 of The Following Announcement: Lifted)
Welcome to a Special 420 Edition of Wise Eats. WEED the people have spoken, the laws have changed, so it’s time to get BAKED with the Koko BeWise Brownies.
- Coconut oil is a healthy source of fats and improves brain function. When you infuse it with cannabis, you have a potent medicine for stress, anxiety, pain, and mind stimulation.
- Coconut sugar should be treated just like regular sugar: only in moderation. But it is a less refined substitute for regular sugar. We also use natural sweeteners like stevia, and erythritol.
- Eggs provide a rich source of protein and vitamins.
- Almond flour is gluten-free and promotes a healthy heart.
- Cacao powder is rich in polyphenols which aid in brain function, weight control, and disease prevention.
We’re getting educated and medicated in this edition of Wise Eats. Put down the pill bottles and anti-anxiety medications. Let food be thy medicine!
Cannabis can help with stress, chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and is used to treat cancer symptoms and epilepsy. You can get your THC by smoking, but there’s a healthier way. Consider using edible cannabis to get medicated. Put down the bongs, pick up some brownies!
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (117g)
- 3oz Cacao Nibs
- 5 Tbsp infused coconut oil or grass fed butter butter (68g)
- Organic Sugar & Stevia Blend (Can also use coconut sugar or erythritol (100g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (4.2g)
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour (75g)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (15g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (if paleo) or baking powder (2g)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 8×8 pan with coconut oil or desired nonstick.
- Combine coconut oil and chocolate chips in pan and melt together over low heat.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt.
- Add egg mixture into melted chocolate/oil mixture.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients and mix all together.
- Fold in cacao nibs.
- Pour batter into 8×8 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Center should be slightly underdone.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Allow brownies to cool.
- Try not to eat them immediately. But we understand if you do.
- 1 Serving (100g)
- 490 Calories
- 35.6g Fat
- 8.3g Protein
- 34g Carb