What’s up wise guys and gals? Today, we’re doing the 12 Minute Walk/Run Test. This helps measure your cardiovascular endurance.
After you’ve properly warmed up, start a timer and run or walk for 12 minutes. The goal is to cover as much distance as possible. Your score can be used estimate your V02 Max.
I was able to go 1.52 miles with a V02 Max of 43.38, which is considered excellent for my age group…yay me! Get your score, compare results below, and try to get a little bit better each time.
For more videos, check out WesFitness.com. Thanks for watching, have a great day, and make wise choices!
- Use a track or treadmill.
- Perform a 3-minute warm-up, walking at a moderate pace.
- At the test onset, begin timing.
- The goal is to cover as much distance as possible in 12 minutes.
- Increase or decrease speed on the treadmill, as necessary.
- Don’t forget to breathe!
- Record the distance covered at 12 minutes.
- To estimate VO2 Max, which is a measure of oxygen consumption, use the following formula: 35.97 x Miles – 11.29.
- Try to improve your score each time out!
Norms chart for comparison:
If you enjoyed this test, check out one of these other assessments:
- 1.5 Mile Walk/Run Test
- 15-Minute Walk/Run Test
- 1 Mile Walk/Run Test
- 3-Minute Step Test
- The Push-Up Test
- The Bench Press Test
If you like this video/post, please click thumbs up and subscribe. And for more great content, check out WesFitness.com. For more fitness assessments, go to Wise-Eats.com/Workout. Thanks for watching, have a great day, and make wise choices!
– Consult with your doctor before engaging in physical activity such as this fitness test
Enjoy the run, have a great day, and make wise choices!