What’s up wise guys and gals? Today, we’re doing the 15-Minute Walk or Run Test. This helps measure your cardiovascular endurance. After you’ve properly warmed up, start a timer and run or walk for 15 minutes. The goal is to cover as much distance as possible in 15 minutes. Your score is used estimate V02 Max, which is a measure of oxygen consumption, and can be compared among similar gender and age groups.
I was able to go 2.05 miles with a V02 Max of 47.75, which is considered excellent for my age group, but there’s always room for improvement! Get your score, estimate your V02 Max below, and try to get a little bit better each time.
- Use a track or treadmill.
- Perform a minimum 3-minute warm-up, walking at a moderate pace.
- At the test onset, begin timing.
- The goal is to cover as much distance as possible in 15 minutes.
- Increase or decrease speed on the treadmill, as necessary.
- Don’t forget to breathe!
- Record the distance covered at 15 minutes.
- To estimated VO2 Max, which is a measure of oxygen consumption, use either one of the following formulas:
- ((Miles Ran x 1.60934) x 12.5)) + 6.5
- (12.5 x Kilometers Ran) + 6.5
- My estimated VO2 Max would be 47.75, which is considered excellent for men of my age.
- Norms chart for comparison:
If you like this test, you may enjoy these other fitness assessments:
- 1.5 Mile Walk/Run Test
- 12-Minute Walk/Run Test
- 1 Mile Walk/Run Test
- 3-Minute Step Test
- The Push-Up Test
- The Bench Press Test
If you like this video/post, please click thumbs up and subscribe. And for more great content, check out WesFitness.com. For more assessments and workout videos, go to Wise-Eats.com/Workout. Thanks for watching, have a great day, and make wise choices!
– Consult with your doctor before engaging in physical activity such as this fitness test
Enjoy the assessment, have a great day, and make wise choices!