Feel the Power!
Inspired by one of my all-time favorite wrestlers, the Ultimate Warrior, this is one of my go-to breakfast recipes. It is adopted from Mike Dolce’s Breakfast Bowl, and can be manipulated many different ways to suit your individual tastes. I pair this delicious power oatmeal with a Razor’s Edge Scramble for a high-protein breakfast that fuels me for my early afternoon weight-lifting session. Next time you’re thinking about taking in a highly processed pre-workout supplement, stick with real food instead. Get in the kitchen and make a wise decision.
- 288g Steel Cut Oats
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate (Can also use Pea Protein, Hemp, or Casein)
- 75g Whole Flax Seed (Can also use chia seed, shredded almonds, or coconut)
- 300g Blueberry
- 100g Raisin
- 56g Goji Berry
Optional Ingredient Ideas
- Mix and match different fruits to change it up! My favorites are apple, strawberry, mango, and cranberry.
- If it’s getting too thick, add in a splash of almond milk.
- Make a large batch and store leftovers in the fridge for quick, convenient meals!
- Alternatives to flax seed include chia seed, shredded almonds, coconut, or cacao nibs!
- Top the bowl off with some almond butter, cashew butter, or peanut butter and you’ll be in power bowl heaven!
- Loaded with omega-3’s and fiber
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein that promote a healthy weight.
- Provides explosive energy for your workouts!
- Rich in antioxidants and cancer-fighting compounds
Nutrition Facts per 300g Serving
Cover version of “Unstable”, the Ultimate Warrior entrance theme music.
Written by Jim Johnston. Tribute performed by Chris Barker